Friday, February 20, 2009

Old habits die hard

I am 22 years old, and I still bite my nails. I know, it's shameful. One of the more embarrassing, but true, facts about myself. It's not just every once in a while, I mean like I have never once used nail clippers on my fingernails. I never see have any white part of my nail, and I NEVER paint my nails because I have never wanted to draw attention to my hands. I have tried several times in the past to stop, but never could do it. But this time, it's for real. I AM STOPPING! This is why I am publicly announcing it on the world wide web. It somehow makes me more accountable. I want to be able to give Kenny nice back-scratches because he loves them. And I want to not be so ashamed of my ugly hands. But most importantly, I want to do it to prove to myself that I can. It will take a lot of self control. I have been doing well the past few days, and can even see some white on most of my fingers. When I have fully grown them out, I will reward myself with a manicure, and post a picture of my success. And succeed I will. Just you wait. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

do taking your vitamins help....I always picked at my nails and then they became long and pretty while I was pregnant that I'm much better at not picking them....

Caitlin said...

i'll join you! i always bite my nails. steven hates it! he wants me to be able to give him good back scratches, too! so maybe if we're both doing it, it will help me! good luck!

Charisa and Trent said...

good luck! you know... i bet if you were to put melaleuca oil on the tips of your fingers that would definitely help to deter the urge.
how in the world are you?!?!?!?!?! i haven't kept up on people's blogs in a long time so i'm happy to finally be looking at yours! i miss seeing you guys at church.

Tina Braegger said...

haha I totally feel you on this issue..I have the same problem! There is something about biting nails that is addicting and pretty annoying but oh well. Maybe one day I will be determined like you to stop. Good luck! So how are you feeling? I hope well, your kids are so adorable!

Shalean said...

There is hope! Kayla and I had a contest during the Christmas break to see who would have the longest nails in 3 weeks. I won and haven't bit them since! I love it! My hands look so different to me and it makes me feel so good about myself! You can do it Linds!