Monday, February 15, 2010

CRUISE day 2

Tuesday morning we woke up and went to the gym they had on the ship a little before 7. I watched the sunrise while on my treadmill and it was so so beautiful. I made Kenny go to a "sunrise stretch" class with me and he was the only guy, and he is really not very flexible so it was super funny. He said he'd never do that again haha.


We showered, got ready for the day and went to the Wind Star dining room for breakfast. The thing is on a cruise, you can eat pretty much any time of the day. There's the dining rooms for sit-down, nicer, get served meals, there's the different buffets, and room service. So you always have a lot of good options and you're always eating. It's awesome! :)



This day was on the ship all day. So we played a lot of card games. We tried to go mini-golfing but it was SOOO windy that it didn't work very well. We watched flying fish for a while which was really cool. We got a yummy grilled buffet for lunch. We all took a nice afternoon nap (since you can do that when you don't have kids or work).



This is what our rooms looked like. Nice and small, with a curtain covering a fake window. We didn't want to pay extra for a window, but we appreciated the thought with the fake curtain.



We played a lot (times 5) of cards this week: skip-bo, nertz, hand and foot, speed, phase 10 (dice).


Me and Kenny are in this picture, just very small. It's in the atrium. the blue lighted things are elevators on either side of us.



We were trying to do cool, pondering-while-looking-at-the-ocean pictures :)


But I obviously don't do serious pictures very well haha.


Our yummy lunch. Steph was craving fries like the whole time hah! You can crave whatever you want when you're pregnant with child #3 :).



Kenny's eating abilities are truly amazing. Every single dinner of the week, Kenny would order at least two appetizers, at least two entrees, and at least two desserts. Everyone at the table was amazed haha.

Pointing out the flying fish


I know I'm wearing this jacket like every day of the week. I was so glad I brought it. It ended up being unusually cold in Houston/Galveston. It was extremely windy too.

It was formal night on the ship, so we dressed up for it. I tried lobster at dinner too! I tried a lot of new foods on this cruise which was good for me. Most of them I still don't like, but it was good to at least try. We went to the show that night that they put on, it was country themed. We had a really good time making fun of the dancers haha. I know that's not very nice, but we will never forget Super Gay! It was a wonderful day!


We're matching. Aww cute






My most favorite picture ever of Steph and Andrew!!

2 comments:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

JEALOUS. That's all I have to say :)

Elise said...

I love it!

Dan always ordered at least two of everything at dinner too. Often three desserts! I love ordering whatever, whenever, and not worrying about the price. That's pretty much the main reason I like cruises so much :).