Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Tyler!!!

Oh my Tyler, 3 years old already? You're getting too old for me. You are such a handsome and sweet boy and I love having you as a son, especially our first-born son. You are the best big brother, and my little helper in everything!

This morning I cut your hair because it was way overdue. You wanted to go to the library and to McDonald's for french fries and the play place. We got to the library and I realized i didn't have my library card. We left disappointed and I felt bad. We went to McDonald's, but they weren't serving fries yet (still a.m.) so you got a hash brown, but you wouldn't even play on the playground unless I went with you. I obviously couldn't do that, and then you needed to go potty, so we left. Somewhat of an unsuccessful birthday trip. Oh well. I let you open one present this morning because you just didn't want to wait all the way till daddy got home. It was a new Signing Time DVD and you wanted to watch it immediately, which we did.

We went out to play in the snow for a little bit during Brynlee's nap.



I just had to throw this one in. We were admiring how the snow sparkles in the sun like glitter. It's beautiful.

Kenny blew up all these balloons last night after the kids had gone to bed. So when Ty woke up this morning he was SO excited to walk out to a room full of balloons.

This was probably one of his favorite parts of the day. He thought it was so awesome to color on balloons, which aren't even paper, and not get in trouble :)


Oh this cake was a blast to make. He requested dinosaur, so this is what is he got. And the best part was that he LOVED it!! He kept opening the fridge just to get another peak at his cake--it made me so happy. :) I finally wised up and made it last night instead of today, so that I wasn't taking time away from him. It was funner than normal because Kenny stayed up and made cakes with me. He took the leftover cake pieces and frosting, and created a palm tree. I thought it was hilarious. He was so proud of himself!


See how he's licking his lips just looking at it? I loved it.


Kenny's first non-traditional cake! I think he did pretty dang good. :)

We had pizza for dinner since that's Tyler's favorite food. Then we opened presents. He got a book, 2 dinosaurs, and a snake. He was thrilled.

A few minutes after opening gifts he handed me his new book, Blueberries for Sal, (one of my favorites) and asked me to read it to him. I love that he loves books so much.


He chose to eat the head of the dinosaur! Yum. And about the party hats. This was the only kind Kenny could find at the store. So even though I hate Spongebob square pants, Tyler has no idea who or what it is, so it was just a silly face to him. He loves party hats so it worked.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TYLER! WE LOVE YOU!

4 comments:

Kellen and Erin said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!! Cole loves Spongebob for some reason and he calls him "bobby". Great job on the cake too-that's so cute that he loved it that much! We love you guys!

Charity said...

Wow, doesn't that feel crazy to have your baby turn 3! What fun to have both their birthdays so close. You did an awesome job on the cakes! I'm really impressed, how did you learn that? Sounds like our lil' guys like the same things! You are such a fun Mom :) It would be so fun to live close to eachother.

Caitlin said...

Happy birthday, Tyler! Sounds like he had a fun day-even if library books and french fries weren't involved!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Happy Birthday Tyler. What a cool snow picture! Love both of the cakes!