Friday, February 26, 2010

What I Loved About Yesterday


Her sweet smile

His giggling while eating his favorite lunch, a grilled cheese sandwich.

The way these two maul their daddy every night when he comes home. And he loves it, too.
And the beautiful poetry I find when reading the words of the hymns. Especially this one:
"The wintry day, descending to its close,
Invites all wearied nature to repose,
And shades of night are falling dense and fast,
Like sable curtains closing o'er the past.
Pale through the gloom the newly fallen snow
Wraps in a shroud the silent earth below
As tho 'twere mercy's hand had spread the pall,
A symbol of forgiveness unto all."
Hymn No. 37 The Wintry Day, Descending to Its Close

3 comments:

Cam said...

Linds! Your beautiful kids brought tears to my eyes. I wish I could be there to hug and kiss them. I can't believe how grown up and beautiful they both are! Tell them their Aunt Lippy loves them so much. :)

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

O you sweet family!!! I just want to see those smiling faces!

Shelley said...

Those are such cute pictures Lindsay! I noticed that outside your window, there isn't any snow. That is a blessing! I'm excited for that day to come at our house!