Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quite The Gaggle

It's been a good week. Except for my migraine that hit Tuesday night, everything went well. It even started to warm up this weekend! On Thursday it got up to like 35 (maybe) and we went for a walk we were so excited! Friday it got even a few degrees warmer, so we went for a run! We hear and see ducks flying in V formations over our house all the time. We finally found their hang out spot! They're all on this one part of the lake. We ran to other parts of the lake and they weren't there. They must like this spot I guess. Anyway it was so neat I ran home, got the camera, and ran back just to take a picture of them.



Dozens and dozens of geese, and some ducks. Tyler loved it! Friday night I also had piano again, and straight from there I went with some friends to go see "When in Rome". I loved it, it was a super cute show, and pretty clean too! Of course it's predictable, all chic flicks are, but I still liked it.
Saturday morning Kenny went to the temple with the Elders Quorum Presidency. It wasn't supposed to just be him and them, but nobody else showed up. Saturday was the best weather of all, it got up to 47 degrees!! I had Kenny drive me out 4 miles and then I ran home. I love running outside; just me, my music, country roads and open fields. It was wonderful. Then Kenny had to show me up and ran a 10K loop, and now he has a huge blister on his foot :(. Time for new shoes I guess.
I went to the grocery store with just Tyler which was different. That little boy is so much fun to be with. We stopped at the flea market on the way home because I hadn't been in months. I found a quilt rack for 15 bucks! I love it. I also got my material in the mail for the spring table runner I'm going to make. It's even cuter in real life (as opposed to online) and I can't wait to get started.
Last night we had the Porter's over to watch a movie while our kids played. We had fruit pizza and pina coladas and it was delicious! We love having them over, but probably won't try watching a movie with kids anymore. It doesn't work.
I got a new calling as secretary in Relief Society and I'm very excited about it. I know I will learn so much from these women. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute something as well.
It's a cold, rainy Sunday and I'm glad we can stay warm and cozy inside the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Carly said...

Linds- I'm the RS secretary too :) GOOD LUCK! It is a big calling. :)

The Walkers said...

Looks like you are having so much fun with your little ones everyday! Where is it that you live again?