Sunday, February 7, 2010

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

Well we made it back safe and sound from our lovely vacation. We rolled into the garage at 2:22 a.m. this morning/last night. It was one of the worst road trips we've had. We came home to a 45 degree house since we turned our heat off for the week. So we didn't get to bed until a little after 3, only for me to get up multiple times after that to tend to my sickly children. The kids are both pretty sick which also means needy and ornery. I feel so bad for them. Thankfully we had the most wonderful week of leisure and self-indulgence so I am glad to have my kids back in any condition. I missed them like crazy. So as soon as I am caught up on sleep and housework, and have healthy children, I will happily blog about our vacation. But I just got Kenny and both of the kids to nap, so now it's my turn...

1 comment:

The Walkers said...

Thanks for inviting me to your blog :) So, this is really random but I thought I would share. We did the same thing this whole past winter (turned our heat off when we would leave for the week). We are renting a home in Provo and neither of us knew this could be a bad thing. Apparently, you should never turn your heat completely off or your pipes could freeze. You are supposed to just turn it down to 58. Unfortunately, we learned the hard way! Our Landlord was very nice but I know it caused some damage that will need to be fixed once the warmer weather comes.